Consulting

Thread: Automatic Outlook mail due date reminder based on Excel file

VBAX Newbie
    Automatic Outlook mail due date reminder based on Excel file

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post here. I need your help in developing a mechanism to send an automated outlook mail, when the due date of a project is 7 days away from the current date. The script should preferably run automatically every time the PC is running. without the excel file necessarily open.

In the attached excel file, An email should go of to -email address (Col. D), with subject "Project (Col. B) is due on Due date(Col. C)", and body "Dear Name(Col. A), please update your project status".

Also, the script should put a check mark on Reminder sent column (Col. E) after the mail is sent, the script should also check if the value of the cell is blank before sending email.

I have scoured the forum for similar problems, and although I found a number of of threads,I am not proficient enough in VBA to modify them to my needs.

I'd really appreciate any help,
    Attached Files Attached Files

VBAX Newbie
    I have created a similar project before. You could set up a Scheduled Task in Windows to open your Excel file upon startup of windows. Within the Excel file, create an Worksheet Open event which would set it not visible and would loop through the rows of dates and if any dates are within 7 days of today's date, it would open Outlook, create and send the email. Then at the end of the code, have it close and save the workbook.