Consulting

Thread: Activating multiple sheets with countifs function

VBAX Regular
    Activating multiple sheets with countifs function

Hi all,

I am trying to use a countifs function to get my data on multiple sheets. The code is as follows :
    ActiveSheet.Range("S1").Value = Evaluate("COUNTIFS(ActiveSheet!D:D,""P"",ActiveSheet!I:I,""1"")")
    ActiveSheet.Range("S2").Value = Evaluate("COUNTIFS(ActiveSheet!D:D,""I"",ActiveSheet!I:I,""1"")")
    ActiveSheet.Range("S3").Value = Evaluate("COUNTIFS(ActiveSheet!D:D,""O"",ActiveSheet!I:I,""1"")")
    ActiveSheet.Range("S4").Value = Evaluate("COUNTIFS(ActiveSheet!D:D,""C"",ActiveSheet!I:I,""1"")")
    ActiveSheet.Range("S5").Value = Evaluate("COUNTIFS(ActiveSheet!D:D,""L"",ActiveSheet!I:I,""1"")")

As the sheet name varies, I'm not able to use the constant name Sheet1!. I tried changing (Sheet1!D,""P"",Sheet1!I:I,""1"") to (ActiveSheet!D,""P"",ActiveSheet!I:I,""1"") but it doesn't seem to work. Any idea how to do it? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

With ActiveSheet

.Range("S1").Value = Evaluate("COUNTIFS('" & .Name & "'!D:D,""P"",'" & .Name & "'!D:D,""!I:I,""1"")") 
    .Range("S2").Value = Evaluate("COUNTIFS('" & .Name & "'!D:D,""!D:D,""I"",'" & .Name & "'!D:D,""!I:I,""1"")") 
    .Range("S3").Value = Evaluate("COUNTIFS('" & .Name & "'!D:D,""!D:D,""O"",'" & .Name & "'!D:D,""!I:I,""1"")") 
    .Range("S4").Value = Evaluate("COUNTIFS('" & .Name & "'!D:D,""!D:D,""C"",'" & .Name & "'!D:D,""!I:I,""1"")") 
    .Range("S5").Value = Evaluate("COUNTIFS('" & .Name & "'!D:D,""!D:D,""L"",'" & .Name & "'!D:D,""!I:I,""1"")") 
    End With

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Tutor
    You dont need the word ACTIVESHEET. Excel assumes your formula is for the activesheet so you dont need to put it in the formula. Just use the range.

VBAX Regular
    Maybe this will work

With ActiveSheet

.Range("S1").Value = Evaluate("COUNTIFS('" & .Name & "'!D:D,""P"",'" & .Name & "'!D:D,""!I:I,""1"")") 
    .Range("S2").Value = Evaluate("COUNTIFS('" & .Name & "'!D:D,""!D:D,""I"",'" & .Name & "'!D:D,""!I:I,""1"")") 
    .Range("S3").Value = Evaluate("COUNTIFS('" & .Name & "'!D:D,""!D:D,""O"",'" & .Name & "'!D:D,""!I:I,""1"")") 
    .Range("S4").Value = Evaluate("COUNTIFS('" & .Name & "'!D:D,""!D:D,""C"",'" & .Name & "'!D:D,""!I:I,""1"")") 
    .Range("S5").Value = Evaluate("COUNTIFS('" & .Name & "'!D:D,""!D:D,""L"",'" & .Name & "'!D:D,""!I:I,""1"")") 
    End With
    Thank you very much (:

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ranman256 View Post
    You dont need the word ACTIVESHEET. Excel assumes your formula is for the activesheet so you dont need to put it in the formula. Just use the range.
    It is true that you don't, but it is not a good practice to omit a sheet reference, including it shows that you have explicitly decided you want it to work on the activesheet, and it is much easier to change code that is explicit if things change.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber