Hiya

Thought I'd join here, as Dreamboat has helped me on other things to do with Excel

Now, I'm not a high end user of Office, but I have a little project at work to do. Its supposed to get me up the ladder, but I won't hold my breath

Its on Excel 2000, and first off we create a sheet that is imported data from an Intranet scource. This is converted to Excel, which is fine.

Then, I mess around with it, to enable me to filter out the rows I need, and leave out the junk.

The question I have is: I have loads of columns that in my eyes are a waste of time being there, and make the entire thing very confusing.

For instance, its numbered A-Z, then AI to AS, so quite a few.

Is there a way to creat some sort of program or macro, I think, to run so it will filter out the columns that are no good? I've looked at it, and think that 14 can go, but they're not all next to eachother, if you get my drift.

Considereing that the sheet before I even touch it is ~7000 lines, it does get to the old eyes.

If you need more info, I'll do what I can. Though, as its a work thing, its a Mon-Fri reply.

Thanks in advance

eddie