Consulting

Thread: Help with ADO Excel to Word Userform from closed workbook

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Help with ADO Excel to Word Userform from closed workbook

Greetings all,

Long time lurker of the site and have found so many better ways to do things with examples already given, but first time I haven't already found my answer using search. So here goes this is for Word 2007 project I made.

I have templated letters (52 of them) which display a userform for simple data entry which I designed. The letters are sent to customers or companies, the userform uses variables and simple ways to import the entered data into the document. If someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction, this is what I need.

• I need my userform to open a closed workbook when a command button is clicked and display a list showing the data contained within the workbook
    • The list needs to be scrollable as it will have many entries 100+, so that the user may double click an entry to copy the data from the selected company & address to either textboxes on the userform in word or variables
    • The data I am importing is on a network location I have company names & address which a lot of letters are sent to
    • Basically instead of typing the company name & address the user could "load" from a master list on a workbook which could be updated (dynamic) making it easy to add new entries without coding

The workbook itself has the data Company Name from A2-100,Address Line 1 B2-100,,Address Line 2 C2-100,,Address Line 3,Address Line 4,Postcode the headings all in A1,B1,C1 etc..

I am aware that mail merge would possibly be useful here however, users are generally doing 1 document at a time and these must be made on demand rather than in batches. I have considered hard coding into the documents but this would be a nightmare in the event of a company changing address.

Thanks for any help
    Last edited by electronicpi; 12-03-2014 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Added Version info