Consulting

Thread: Identify duplicate slides

VBAX Regular
    Identify duplicate slides

Having merged all my presentations into one giant PPT file, I'd like to identify duplicate slides using VBA.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

VBAX Master
    Not really. If the slides were mainly text you might be able to work out a way to compare text but it wouldn't be very reliable.
    John Wilson
    Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
    Amazing Free PowerPoint Tutorials
    http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html

VBAX Regular
    Thanks John. It seems the rest of the internet agrees with you. I did a Heath Robinson workaround. I converted all the slides (312) into separate JPGs with file names simply corresponding to each slide's number in the file. Then I ran them through the VisiPics duplicate image recognition program. I made a note of which slides were duplicates (90 in all) and went into the original consolidated PPT and deleted them, starting from the end in order to preserve the original slide numbering. There is probably a way to code that entire process but for now it will do for me.

VBAX Sage
    Having merged all my presentations into one giant PPT file, I'd like to identify duplicate slides using VBA.
    Why?

I try to keep mine as segregated and as small as possible
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

VBAX Regular
    I delivered variations on the same core presentation to a number of different audiences, adding some new content to each version if required. As I no longer deliver that presentation, but would like to keep the information, I wanted to create for archiving a core single PPT file with all the dupes removed.

VBAX Sage
    I use the Custom Slide Show for things like that. It's in 2010 at least
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

VBAX Regular
    Thanks Paul - I did not know about that. It would have saved me some time and effort.