Consulting

Thread: Replace Headache

Replace Headache

Hi

I have One Table in Ms Word having May be 10000 + Rows and of Two Columns (Say MainFile.docx).
    For all other Ms Word File, I want macro if any value that exist completly in (Column A)any of the Row of MainFile.docx
    then it replace with other Columns value (Say Column B).

Can anybody resolve this issue on Urgent Priority?

Thanks.

Best.
    Khanonline

At least two regular contributors have already responded to other similar threads from you with the same subject. The code already provided will do what you ask, within the limits of what such a process can achieve. What that code is unable to do is validate what you enter into the table in the first place and ensure that the document being processed is not going to present situations that will screw up the process. If you want yet another solution then see Document Batch Processes though you will have to add a couple of columns to your table.

The big issue with substution pairs of this nature is that each search is affected by what has been replaced previously. Interaction between the search strings will affect the outcome unpredictably. You can't just add pairs willy nilly and expect it all to work flawlessly. Frankly I wouldn't personally ever use such a large data set with such a function. It would be painfully slow for a start and there would still be much sub editing to perform later.

While programmers can often make a good stab at a solution when the document to be processed and the data source are both unavailable, it is easier to do so when they have those documents to hand, and not just snippets from them. As every document is different, this would be a never ending task as each new document may present a different set of issues, just like the one I fixed for you in the last thread I addressed.

As this requirement was connected with language translation, you might be better using on-line language translation tools. They are by no means perfect either, and you need a good understanding of the languages involved in order to validate the results, but it might be better than this.
    Graham Mayor - MS MVP (Word) 2002-2019
    Visit my web site for more programming tips and ready made processes
    http://www.gmayor.com

Thanks.