Consulting

Thread: Regularly update Excel Links in PowerPoint

Regularly update Excel Links in PowerPoint

Apologies if this has been solved elsewhere but I am desperately trying to solve a simple issue which has been annoying me for days now. I have only recently been introduced to VBA as a means to fulfilling automated tasks so i'm hoping someone can help me. I have a PowerPoint presentation which our company wants to run on a looping slideshow throughout the day. The slideshow is linked to an excel spreadsheet which is set to auto update every few minutes so that we can display live call stats, response times etc. These stats change every few minutes but i need PowerPoint to pick up the changes automatically rather than someone having to manually update the links. Is there a VBA code I can add to PowerPoint which can auto-update all links in the whole presentation? There are only 4-5 slides. I have tried searching the internet but can't seem to find anything. I have downloaded the "Update Links" add-in from skv.mps.org but i think i need VBA to sit underneath and update the actual data links. Please help!

Solved it myself now, thanks

VBAX Master
    John Wilson
    Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
    Amazing Free PowerPoint Tutorials
    http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html

Yes, apologies it seems it was actually my own stupidity which was holding me back! After running the previously mentioned Add-In (and ensuring it was activated correctly) the presentation does now update the links after a full rotation of slides is completed. I'm sorry if I wasted anyone's time, I couldn't see the wood for the trees!

VBAX Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mortosaurus View Post
    Yes, apologies it seems it was actually my own stupidity which was holding me back! After running the previously mentioned Add-In (and ensuring it was activated correctly) the presentation does now update the links after a full rotation of slides is completed. I'm sorry if I wasted anyone's time, I couldn't see the wood for the trees!

Hi,

I have a link from Excel to a Powerpoint. It is basically used for tournament fixtures with live scores so it needs to constantly be updated during presentation.

I'm using Powerpoint 2016 and I'm finding bits and pieces of VBA codes and information but I cannon find one that works.

I'm very new to VBA so a full script for just copy and paste would be highly appreciated!

Thanks