Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Solved: Does Word Have a Personal?

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base
    Copying Normal.Dot is the one file I back up with the same frequency of my financial data :-)
    Hahaha I never touch that stuff! (Financial Data...scary stuff)
    _________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

Mark your thread solved, when it has been, by hitting the Thread Tools dropdown at the top of the thread.
    (I don't answer questions asked through E-mail or PM's)

VBAX Wizard
    I am not sure I understand what you did not understand.

If you have a .DOT in Startup, the routines and ptrocedures in that .DOT are available globally. The file however, is NOT loaded. The routines and procedures are parsed and pointers created for them.

I simply have a button on the toolbar that specifically opens the .DOT file. I click it, the file loads, and I can edit the code in it. As soon as it is saved, Word parses the code modules again, and recreates the pointers to them. Therefore the edited code is immediately available. The .DOT file can be closed.

When you state the code is not available, I take it you mean the code that can be edited, as opposed to the code that can be run.

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base
    I simply have a button on the toolbar that specifically opens the .DOT file. I click it, the file loads, and I can edit the code in it.
    Hi Buddy,

The question was, what yo meant with this:
    3. The best way is to make amacro button (icon) on a tollbar that explicitly loads the global template file. That way, if you need to edit it, you can get iyt easily.

But I see we both meant the same thing by your answer. To access the code the template neads to be opened!

So it was just a simple confusion from my side what you meant. (I misunderstood the loading part...all clear now)
    _________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

Mark your thread solved, when it has been, by hitting the Thread Tools dropdown at the top of the thread.
    (I don't answer questions asked through E-mail or PM's)