Consulting

Thread: NEW to VBA and looking for a book for self-study

NEW to VBA and looking for a book for self-study

Hi all,

I am really eager to learn VBA and just do not know where to start. I am working fulltime but i could always study 2h a day at work for example. I was looking through some VBA books and wanted to ask if there are any recommendations here. In general i am working with a lot of web based applications and most of the time i have to extract data and tables contained in the pages in a smart way to excel. A book with example codes would be a good start i think. Any hints to books are highly appreciated.

best regards,

Paul

A great quick starter is book by Tom Urtis called "Excel VBA 24 hour trainer" which I found on iTunes. There are plenty of books around, but its a question of whether you like the style that the author takes when explaining the processes.
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link

good one, was looking for one too, VBA Bible might has everything, but starters' books are not always easy to find

i have found that VBA for dummies (not to be funny) but have been very helpful to further understand codes and coding.

VBAX Regular
    I just bought a copy of Excel 2007 VBA Programmer's Reference (publisher WROX). I have found it to be very useful for newbie. Most of the books out there are geared more toward the Visual Basic crowd than the VBA users. This one is written for VBA.

Paul-SacNo,
    Which book did you decide upon?
    I have always selected books based upon the language or verbiage the author uses. In other words, if I read several paragraphs concerning a concept and I can visually see the solution in my mind, then the author speaks my language. Seriously though, I think there are many great authors, but the ones I like best are the authors who write so I can see solutions and concepts in my mind's eye. Those are all my best choices and I frequently return to other submissions by the same author.
    I hope you find that author that draws the solutions in your mind's eye.