Consulting

Thread: Macros will not run

VBAX Expert
    Macros will not run

I had this error a few weeks ago, posted a thread and the "help" was something like "Access is strange and strange things happen" (meant humourously). Well the problem is back. I have examined macros, looked at the linkage between buttons and the code, rebooted, etc., but no macros in any Access DB work. Any click on any button yields the same error message:

The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Variable not defined

• The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]
    • There may have been an error evaluating the function, event or macro
    Help !
    "It's not just the due date that's important, it's also the do date" [MWE]

When your problem has been resolved, mark the thread SOLVED by clicking on the Thread Tools dropdown menu at the top of the thread.

Moderator VBAX Master geekgirlau's Avatar
    I've found that errors that have no reasonable explanation can usually be resolved by rebuilding and then decompiling the database - drastic I know, but sometimes the only solution.

It sounds like you've already tried the really obvious, so this might be worth trying.

VBAX Expert
    I've found that errors that have no reasonable explanation can usually be resolved by rebuilding the database (creating a new database, importing all objects, recreate your startup options and select any additional references you might have) and then decompiling the database - drastic I know, but sometimes the only solution.

It sounds like you've already tried the really obvious, so this might be worth trying.
    Thanks (I guess). This is pretty frustrating because this DB although fairly large (20MB) is very simple -- essentially a single table, one form, a few very simple VBA macros, etc. I really do not need 99% of the capability of Access for this appl, but it was the obvious target (or so I thought) as Borland reduced support on its original flat file manager (can not even remember the name), and then on Paradox.
    "It's not just the due date that's important, it's also the do date" [MWE]

When your problem has been resolved, mark the thread SOLVED by clicking on the Thread Tools dropdown menu at the top of the thread.