Consulting

Thread: Insert values before hiding column

Insert values before hiding column

Hi good people!

The following code hides columns when a cell in row 2 goes zero. Works great. I am after an addition to the code, to have the column, of which the cell in row 2 has gone to zero, populate with the "na()" value. Now, there are 2 ranges, the one is B3:AT137, and the other CR3:CJ43. I cannot find something on the forums that would help me out, so please, if anyone could help me, it'll be awesome!!. Thanx guys..

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
     Dim Cell As Range
        Set Target = Intersect(Target, Target.Parent.Rows(2))
        If Not Target Is Nothing Then
            For Each Cell In Target
                Cell.EntireColumn.Hidden = (Cell.Value = 0)
            Next Cell
        End If
    End Sub

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    I'm surprised it does work great!
    Anyway, try:
    Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
    Dim Cell As Range, NARange As Range
    Set Target = Intersect(Target, Target.Parent.Rows(2))
    If Not Target Is Nothing Then
      For Each Cell In Target
        If Cell.Value = 0 Then
          Cell.EntireColumn.Hidden = True
          Set NARange = Intersect(Cell.EntireColumn, Range("B3:AT137,CR3:CJ43"))
          If Not NARange Is Nothing Then NARange.Formula = "=na()"
        Else
          Cell.EntireColumn.Hidden = False
        End If
      Next Cell
    End If
    End Sub
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

Hi p45cal,

the code hides the columns still, however, the population of the rest of the columns only work for range B3:AT137. When a cell in row 2 inside range CR3:CJ43, goes to "0", the column hides but the rest of the column is not changed...Thanx for your time..

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juriemagic View Post
    Hi p45cal,

the code hides the columns still, however, the population of the rest of the columns only work for range B3:AT137. When a cell in row 2 inside range CR3:CJ43, goes to "0", the column hides but the rest of the column is not changed...Thanx for your time..
    I have just double checked this and it does; have you accurately copied the macro?
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

Well, I'm sure I have, I will however check again and try..will let you know, thanx..

Hey man, got it. I made an error in my original post. I gave the second range as CR3:CJ43. Column CJ is BEFORE column CR. So, the code worked for column CR only. It should have been FJ. All is working just great now!!!..Thank you kindly p45cal!!..You have been a great help!