Consulting

Thread: Outlook crash! how to recover outlook.pst?

Outlook crash! how to recover outlook.pst?

We run an older version of Outlook (2000). WHile doing some work on the computer that it run on (Dell 4700 dimension), suddenly many things changed, for reasons that I cannot explain: fonts changed size, Office applications acted as though it was the first time that they were being used, Outlook would not start, color schemes changed etc. I have first repaired, and then re-installed, Outlook on this machine, but am unable to start it. And therefore cannot read the .pst file which has some stuff on it that we would really like to recover.

Since we have another computer, I have tried all combinations of software and .pst files in an unsuccessful attempt to read the .pst file. I have tried several versions of the .pst file (from local backup, from online backup, and the one that was on the failed computer) with two versions of Outlook (2000 and 2007). No luck.

I would like to recommend a significant or user-friendly OST utility solution that scans highly corrupted OST files and repair them to easily open as PST file on the offline/downtime Exchange Server. It successfully runs with entire Windows platforms as well as supporting all editions too. read more: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1badf834-3ab3-4986-9b72-db5143e55a2a/where-i-download-microsoft-outlook-ost-file-viewer-free-or-almost-free?forum=outlook

In my knowledge, you can try Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST repair software.
    Personally, I don't have experience with this one software so that you can ensure the reliability of software with free demo version.
    Last edited by LuisRogers; 09-29-2016 at 03:48 AM. Reason: font

VBAX Newbie

First of all, try to use the Microsoft offical tool scanpst, also called Inbox Repair Tool,which can repair the PST file.

If it does not work ,then you may have to try some third-party Outlook recovery tools.
    In the past, I have encountered a similar problem and DataNumen Outlook Repair helps to recover all the data for me. So I recommend you to try it.

Good luck!