Consulting

Thread: recall message

VBAX Regular
    recall message

I am writing a vb script so that You can retrieve a sent email message before the addressee has opened it (recall message)

If anyone have any idea or links plz tell me.

VBAX Regular
    I am getting all the sentmessages from outlook by this:
    Dim oSentFolder As Object
    	Set oSentFolder = oNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(Outlook.OlDefaultFolders.olFolderSentMail)
    Now for each sent message i have given read reciept request, but how will i come to know that mail have been read.

i.e.
    For Each Sentmail In oSentFolder.Items
    if sentitem.-----?----- then
    delete the message
    end if
    next

VBAX Regular
    is there any way to know recepient have read or not my message?

if rec. has already read my mail then i will not send recall message to him.....
    but if he has not read my mail then i will send him a recall mail and if he opens recall mail before original mail then original mail should get deleted from his inbox.

Try playing around with the various Received properties, such as ReceivedByEntryID, ReceivedByName, or ReceivedTime.

VBAX Regular
    not helpfull........
    they dont tell u that mail is read or not....

Well, I played with read receipt requests for the first time, and it looks like the only indicator you get that a message was read is a small email sent back by the recipient, displaying the original subject, sent date/time, and received date/time -- and that's only if the recipient's email client was configured to send you such a receipt.

If you know all your contacts are sending read receipts with MS Outlook, you could have the Rules Wizard (or another script) place read receipts -- identified by the text "Read: " at the beginning of the subject line -- in a special receipts subfolder of your Inbox. Then when you need to determine if a contact has read a particular item, you could search through each MailItem in the receipts folder for a subject that contains your original subject and a message body that contains the Sent date and/or the email contact you're looking for. That's about as simple as it will get, I'm afraid.