Consulting

Thread: Solved: Double Click Listbox

Solved: Double Click Listbox

Hello,

This is a really simple question - once upon a time I knew the code but I have completely forgotton how to do this. I have a listbox showing customer names. I want to be able to doubleclick on a name and have that customer's data form come up. The LB is bound to column one (hidden - primary key of customer ID)

What is the code to do this?
    TIA
    Ken

You could probably use the OpenForm method of DoCmd and specify the customer ID in the where argument.

Something like this perhaps.
    DoCmd.OpenForm [CustomerData], , ,"[CustomerID]=" & Me!cmbCustomer

Thanks for your reply Norie. I don't quite follow why this is happening, but I get an error of unable to find the field "|". I changed the code to read:

DoCmd.OpenForm [Customer], , , "[CustomerID]=" & Me!List13

to reflect proper form names etc. CustomerID is the primary key of the customer table and the bound line. Me!List13 gives the correct primary key on a double click however. I tried redoing the docmd line but nothing seems to bring up the form without an error. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ken

Is "Customer" the name of the form you're trying to open? Because the way your code is written, Access might be looking for some type of control named Customer that contains a string with the table name it needs to open. Try using quotes and removing the brackets, like this:

DoCmd.OpenForm "Customer", , , "CustomerID=" & Me!List13

I think you may be right.

Thank both of you ... with the quotes the syntax is right and everything works the way I wanted.

Another simple task solved.

Ken