Consulting

Thread: Query all blank cells in a column

Query all blank cells in a column

Hi everybody,

I have a query that I use for retrieving info between two dates, a district and the nature of call. My problem is on the completion date. I am needing to have the query pick up on all incomplete jobs before the two selected dates, those cells would be blank. How would I do that? I use a form with text box and combo boxes that the query gets the info from but I can't figure how to word the criteria box while in design mode for the query under the completion date column to get it to pick up all blank cells in that column. Can anyone help me?

The Begin date I have this in the criteria box
    [VBA]
    Between [FORMS]![REPORT MONTHLY]![BDATE] And [FORMS]![REPORT MONTHLY]![EDATE]
    [/VBA]

The District I have this in the criteria box
    [VBA]
    [forms]![report monthly]![district]
    [/VBA]

And in the Nature of call I have this in the criteria box
    [VBA]
    [forms]![report monthly]![NATURE OF CALL]
    [/VBA]

I tried this in the completion date but it keeps moving it to the next open column
    [VBA]
    Is Null
    [/VBA]

Larry

Thanks for replying,

I have twelve columns in the query, the one with the blanks is in the last column.

Date, day, district, nature of call, time, caller, # address, address, request, contact date, comments, completion date.

Larry

Can't you just put Is Null in the row below the row you have the parameter in?

Hi Norie,

I put is null in the criteria box directly under the completion date column, is that what you are meaning?

Yes, at least I think so. I haven't tested it though.

When I add it to the criteria box the query doesn't work like it should, it also puts the is null in a new column.

I tried adding the is null to the completion column and removed the date criteria and it works fine. When I add the dates back it doesn't work. I need to be able to pick up incomplete jobs that might still be open before the dates in the criteria that is in column 1. How can I do that?

Larry