Dear all,

I am relatively new and self-taught, so excuse any ignorance in my question... I searched a little and could not find a thread here that resolved my problem. I am writing some code to copy email signatures into a form, from which I can extract components (full name, phone number etc) by highlighting into fields. Clicking a button creates a new contact with these fields populated... This works well, and has proven quite useful.

My issue lies in the next improvement. I would like a way to check if the contact already exists so that I can then update that contact rather than create a new one. My problem is pretty basic. I have used some code i have found in many forums and posts and always looks nearly identical to load the contacts into a ComboBox... My issue is that it does not work. I get no error - the ComboBox is just blank. I do not know enough to troubleshoot this any further... Is my contacts folder maybe different to the norm?

I am using Outlook 2010.

Here is the extract of the code from the form that is supposed to populate the ComboBox:

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()

Dim MyOLApp As New Outlook.Application
Dim myNameSpace As NameSpace
Dim myContacts As Items
Dim myContact As contactItem
Dim newfax As MailItem
Set myNameSpace = MyOLApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")
Set myContacts = myNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderContacts).Items

ComboBox1.Clear
For Each myContact In myContacts
ComboBox1.AddItem myContact.FullName
ComboBox1.Column(1, ComboBox1.ListCount - 1) = myContact.FullName
Next

Set myContacts = Nothing
Set myNameSpace = Nothing
Set MyOLApp = Nothing

End Sub

I appreciate any and all help, and your patience with a beginner.

Sammy 3Peppers.