Consulting

Thread: change function add and remove rows

VBAX Regular
    change function add and remove rows

Hi,

i hope my english is good enough to explain my Problem.

I have a Worksheet with 6 Tables, 4 of them are dynamic. The 2 static tables have 52 columns ( for every week of the year 1 column ) and the 4 dynamic tables have 54 columns ( 52 for calender weeks and 2 for Name declarations )

In the last Table( static ) I add up all the Tables for Column C-BB without a Problem.

=SUM(geplantInhouse[[#All];[Column3]];geplantResident[[#All];[Column3]];ProjekteInhouse[[#All];[Column3]];ProjekteResident[[#All];[Column3]]
    I quickly changed it from english to german hope i didnt make any mistakes there.

Now i want to be able to remove a Row from either .Table("geplantInhouse") or .Table("geplantResident") from the sum without deleting it in the Table.

I thought i might just subtract it again like this:

=SUMME(geplantInhouse[[#Alle];[Spalte3]];geplantResident[[#Alle];[Spalte3]];ProjekteInhouse[[#Alle];[Spalte3]];ProjekteResident[[#Alle];[Spalte3]];-INDEX(geplantInhouse[#Alle];1;3))
    But if i want to add it again ( by removing the subtraction ) this Code doesnt work. Neither does my Range(KW(0)) work, nor does my Seach for "INDEX(geplantInhouse[#All],1,3)" work. If i search e.g. C33 it works.

Sub SummeBearbeiten()

Dim KW
    Dim geplant
    Dim alteFormel As String
    Dim neueFormel As String
    Dim i As Integer

KW = Array("INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;1)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;2)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;3)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;4)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;5)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;6)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;2)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;3)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;4)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;5)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;6)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;7)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;8)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;9)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;10)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;11)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;12)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;13)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;14)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;15)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;16)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;17)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;18)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;19)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;20)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;21)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;22)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;23)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;24)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;25)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;26)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;27)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;27)", _
         "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;28)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;29)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;30)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;31)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;32)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;33)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;34)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;35)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;36)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;29)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;30)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;31)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;32)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;33)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;34)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;35)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;30)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;31)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;32)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;33)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;34)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;35)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;36)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;37)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;38)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;39)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;40)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;41)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;42)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;43)", _
         "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;44)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;45)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;46)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;47)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;48)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;49)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;50)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;51)", "INDEX(SummeMA[#Alle];3;52)")

geplant = Array(",-INDEX(geplantInhouse[#All],1,3)")

If Range(KW(0)).HasFormula = True And InStr(1, Range(KW(0)).Formula, geplant(0)) <> 0 Then

While i < 52
                alteFormel = Range(KW(i)).Formula
                neueFormel = Replace(alteFormel, "-INDEX(geplantInhouse[#Alle];1;3)", "")
                Range(KW(i)).Formula = neueFormel
               ' i = i + 1
            Wend

Else
            While i < 52
            alteFormel = Range(KW(i)).Formula
            neueFormel = alteFormel + geplant(0)
            Wend
        End If

End Sub
    And the Problem with my Code is that i would have to create way to many Arrays(didnt even finish the geplant() ) to make it work for Every Row in my 2 tables i want to be able to remove and add from the function.

Maybe you have another Idea to solve my Problem. Because i've been stuck on this issue for far to long now.

Greetings
    Mo

I am not sure what you are dong and it is hard for anyone to understand when there is no data and a file to reference. Maybe post a workbook with the confidentiality removed.

Meanwhile, maybe something to look at is subtotals, also review hiding the rows you do not want added. The subtotal should automajically update depending on the "weeks" you want removed/hidden.

No matter how much I love VBA sometimes a formula is better and faster.

VBAX Regular

Ok i think i spend to much time with it and was to fixed on myself to be able to explain it properbly, sry for that.

Yesterday Night i just figured another way to do what i want to do. With only one/two Problems.

Sub SelectTest()

Dim helfer As Range
    Dim Tabelle As ListObject
    Dim i As Integer
    i = 3
    j = 1
    Set helfer = Selection
    Set Tabelle = Range("SummeMA").ListObject

If Range(Tabelle).Cells(3, j).HasFormula = True And InStr(1, Range(Tabelle).Cells(3, j).Formula, "-" & Zelle) <> 0 Then

While i < 55

helfer.EntireRow.Cells(1, i).Select
            Zelle = ActiveCell.Address(0, 0)

alteFormel = Range(Tabelle).Cells(3, j).Formula
            neueFormel = Replace(alteFormel, "-" & Zelle, "")
            Range(Tabelle).Cells(3, j).Formula = neueFormel

i = i + 1
            j = j + 1

Wend

Else

While i < 55

neueFormel = alteFormel + "-" & Zelle

i = i + 1
            j = j + 1
        Wend

End If

End Sub
    The Only 2 things that still bother me are,

1. That i'm Selecting the row before i am able to change the formula. But im Sure i'll find a way around that ( Im pretty new to VBA and Excel )
    2. If i Delete the Row i substracted, i get an error in the SummeMA Table

And i will add my Excel Worksheet so you can see what i am doing.KappaAddRow.xlsm

Any advices on my Code would be great.

VBAX Regular
    Zelle = helfer.EntireRow.Cells(1, i).Address(0, 0)
    just works fine

Sub SelectTest()
    Dim helfer As Range
    Dim i As Integer
    i = 3
    j = 1
    Set helfer = Selection

If Range(Tabelle).Cells(3, j).HasFormula = True And InStr(1, Range(Tabelle).Cells(3, j).Formula, "-" & Zelle) <> 0 Then

While i < 55

neueFormel = Replace(alteFormel, "-" & Zelle, "")

i = i + 1
            j = j + 1

Wend

Else

While i < 55

neueFormel = alteFormel + "-" & Zelle

i = i + 1
            j = j + 1
        Wend

End If
    End Sub
    To this
    Sub SelectTest()

Dim helfer As Range
    Dim i As Integer
    i = 3
    j = 1
    Set helfer = Selection

While i < 55

Range(Tabelle).Cells(3, j).Formula = Replace(Range(Tabelle).Cells(3, j).Formula, "-" & Zelle, "")

i = i + 1
            j = j + 1

Wend

Else

While i < 55

Range(Tabelle).Cells(3, j).Formula = Replace(Range(Tabelle).Cells(3, j).Formula, "-" & Zelle, "")

i = i + 1
            j = j + 1
        Wend

End If
    End Sub
    Last edited by Tommy; 10-02-2015 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Tidy it up