Consulting

Thread: VBA: Macro for multiple charts creation with predefined settings

VBA: Macro for multiple charts creation with predefined settings

Hi,

I'm new here, so hello everybody!

I've been struggling with a problem in my work since last year. The problem seems not to be so hard to solve as far as I keep an idea and algorithm in my mind. So here's what exactly I'm trying to achieve:

1. Data is stored in a sheet in following format:

vbatest1.xlsx

2. I expect from VBA macro to do a following thing:

Generate as many separate charts with a single sensor as number of sensors stored in data sheet. I have over 300 sensors which means over 300 columns. I'd like to make it automated. Sometimes I'll need change number of sensors (columns) when a new sensor will appear in data sheet.

Speaking about a chart it should be simple XY graph with a title = sensor 1, next title = sensor 2, etc.

I make a macro which generates simple but proper chart, but I did a manual thing to automate it - just have copied macro in a module changing chart range - but I feel it's stupid.

Regards,
    M.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    Would the attached do?
    No macro but a dynamic range adjusted by the scroll bar beneath the chart.
    Later you could add another scroll bar or two to add perhaps 1 or two more plots on the same chart for comparison of any sensors you want.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

It didn't solve my problem. I need separate charts up to number of sensors generated automatically based on data sheet (btw. charts named the same as sensors). An example below:

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    try the attached.
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.