Consulting

Thread: Worksheet Change Event has gone AI :o

VBAX Contributor
    Worksheet Change Event has gone AI :o

Hi all,

Once again I call upon your collective knowledge to solve an issue I have.

Some background on my issue, and what I want to do.

I have created 3 Worksheets, that have different data on each, but have common inputs across all three, I am attempting to create worksheet events so that when one worksheet input is changed it also changes all the other worksheet inputs but can be affected on any of the sheets.

Quick Example;

Sheet "Monthflow", Input into the Sku cell creates a Vlookup in the MSKU cell on same sheet, which in turn updates the same values in the Sku cells and MSKU cells in Sheet "Weekflow" and "Lineflow". Changing the same cell on the "Weekflow" subsequently updates "Monthflow" and "Lineflow".

I hope you are keeping up..

I have used the Enable Events function to switch off Event Changes between updates, and this works fine when inputting into Sku cell on "Monthflow", however on "Weekflow", as soon as I switch the active cell to the Sku cell the Worksheet Event change starts before I have even entered any data, and I cannot understand why this is happening.

My code is below;

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Target.Row = 3 And Target.Column = 1 And Target.Count = 1 Then Call sku_month
    If Target.Row = 3 And Target.Column = 4 Or Target.Column = 5 And Target.Count = 1 Then Call po_month
    If Target.Row = 3 And Target.Column = 6 And Target.Count = 1 Then Call ms_month

End Sub

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Target.Row = 5 And Target.Column = 1 And Target.Count = 1 Then Call sku_week
    If Target.Row = 5 And Target.Column = 4 Or Target.Column = 5 And Target.Count = 1 Then Call po_week
    If Target.Row = 5 And Target.Column = 6 And Target.Count = 1 Then Call ms_week
    End Sub

Sub sku_month()
    ' clears all other fields
    If Cells(3, 1).Value = "" Then
    Sheets("Weekflow").Cells(5, 1).ClearContents
    Sheets("Lineflow").Cells(5, 1).ClearContents
    Exit Sub
    Else
    End If
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    Cells(3, 6).FormulaR1C1 = _
            "=VLOOKUP(R3C1,'[Active Skus - Developments.xlsm]Active Sku List'!C1:C3,3,FALSE)"
    Cells(3, 6).Copy
    Cells(3, 6).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
            :=False, Transpose:=False
        Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Sheets("Weekflow").Cells(5, 1).Value = Sheets("Monthflow").Cells(3, 1).Value
    Sheets("Weekflow").Cells(5, 6).Value = Sheets("Monthflow").Cells(3, 6).Value
    Sheets("Lineflow").Cells(5, 1).Value = Sheets("Monthflow").Cells(3, 1).Value
    Sheets("Lineflow").Cells(5, 6).Value = Sheets("Monthflow").Cells(3, 6).Value
    Application.EnableEvents = True
    End Sub

Sub sku_week()
    ' clears all other fields
    If Sheets("Weekflow").Cells(5, 1).Value = "" Then
    Sheets("Monthflow").Cells(3, 1).ClearContents
    Sheets("Lineflow").Cells(5, 1).ClearContents
    Exit Sub
    Else
    End If
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    Cells(5, 6).FormulaR1C1 = _
            "=VLOOKUP(R5C1,'[Active Skus - Developments.xlsm]Active Sku List'!C1:C3,3,FALSE)"
    Cells(5, 6).Copy
    Cells(5, 6).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
            :=False, Transpose:=False
        Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Sheets("Monthflow").Cells(3, 1).Value = Sheets("Weekflow").Cells(5, 1).Value
    Sheets("Monthflow").Cells(3, 6).Value = Sheets("Weekflow").Cells(5, 6).Value
    Sheets("Lineflow").Cells(5, 1).Value = Sheets("Monthflow").Cells(3, 1).Value
    Sheets("Lineflow").Cells(5, 6).Value = Sheets("Monthflow").Cells(3, 6).Value
    End Sub
    I cannot post a workbook as it is too large for the allowance of the Forum

You appear to be using a SelectionChange event as well - that is what is being triggered I suspect. Since it clears cells, it is probably triggering your other change events.
    Be as you wish to seem

VBAX Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Aflatoon View Post
    You appear to be using a SelectionChange event as well - that is what is being triggered I suspect. Since it clears cells, it is probably triggering your other change events.
    What type of Event Change should I be using? I what the event to trigger when a change is made not just by selecting the cell.

VBAX Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Aflatoon View Post
    I just realized what you meant, and have changed the Event on the Weekflow sheet to a Change Event rather than a Selection Change Event, it now works a treat.
    Sometimes you simply cannot see the wood for the trees..

Thanks for you help buddy..

Be as you wish to seem

VBAX Sage
    If there's a possibility that something in the event handler logic might trigger a further change, you should probably disable events until the tasks are done to avoid a runaway

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 

Application.EnableEvents =False

If Target.Row = 3 And Target.Column = 1 And Target.Count = 1 Then Call sku_month 
        If Target.Row = 3 And Target.Column = 4 Or Target.Column = 5 And Target.Count = 1 Then Call po_month 
        If Target.Row = 3 And Target.Column = 6 And Target.Count = 1 Then Call ms_month 

End Sub
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3