Consulting

Thread: How can I remove duplicates from a dynamic range?

How can I remove duplicates from a dynamic range?

I've used 'Record Macro' to record using the 'Remove Duplicates' button, which will delete rows in my data depending if the contents of column E, H, I, J, M, N and O are all the same.

The resultant macro is this:

ActiveSheet.Range("$A$1:$Q$3277").RemoveDuplicates Columns:=Array(5, 8, 9, 10, 13 _
            , 14, 15), Header:=xlYes
    Is it possible to adjust this to a dynamic range as my data will change every day (column order would still be the same). But I may have 5000 or more rows rather than 3277 as specified above. Would I just change this to: ("$A:$Q") or would that not work?

Many thanks for any suggestions! I'm new to using the Remove Duplicates function

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    If the table is bounded by blank column R and blank row below (and no completely blank rows or columns within the table) you might get away with:
    ActiveSheet.Range("A1").currentregion.Remov~~~
    or variant:
    Intersect(ActiveSheet.Range("A:Q"),ActiveSheet.Range("A1").currentregion).R emov~~~
    If the table is a proper Excel Table (listobject in vba) then:
    Range("Table1").Remov~~~

Come back if none of these work.

Your .range("$A:$Q") should work but is in danger of removing stuff below the table too.
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

Hi p45cal - many thanks for your above suggestions. With regards to my question of whether ("$A:$Q") would work - I have no data below the table. This is everything on the worksheet- so would that be ok?

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    Yes, as long as the headers are on row 1 of the sheet (you have, quite rightly: Header:=xlYes in the code).
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

Great, I'll just use this then Many thanks for explaining!