Consulting

Thread: importing an xml file into a new MS SQL Server table

importing an xml file into a new MS SQL Server table

Hi there,

I have the below type of data that is in a xml file. What I will like to do is to import all the columns with all the data into a new SQL table. I don't know how to go about importing a xml file into a new SQL table. If someone can provide me a SQL script that I can use to import this data it will be most appreciated.
    xml file is attached as a zip file. There are many columns and will like to have each column along with the data in a nice formatted table. This file a constantly being updated and will like if possible to have SQL access this file in real time if not a script to have SQL refresh the table every 2 minutes or so will also suffice.
    Please note the most important thing that I need at this time is the importation and parsing of the data into readable information. Anything additional is a bonus but not a must at this time.

As a work around for now I am importing the file into and Excel sheet to have the data formatted then pulling that data into a SQL table. In an ideal situation I will prefer to have SQL pull the data in directly thereby eliminating the Excel step. I've include a zipped copy of the xml file.

Any help will be most appreciated. data
    Attached Files Attached Files