Consulting

Thread: need a vba code HELLLLLPPPPPP

need a vba code HELLLLLPPPPPP

First time processing a macro and need help I need the vba code/macro to do the following:

Prompt the user to enter or select the Invoice number and select the directory where to process the following:

· Create a folder in the directory with the Invoice number as the folder name
    · Evaluate the full list of invoices in the excel report file.
    · By Ship_Name (column B) extract all invoices for each person into a separate excel file and total up their individual invoice totals.
    · Each excel file will be named with the following convention àInvoiceNumber-ShipName (Example: 123456789-sample.xls)
    · Save a copy of the original file in the new directory with the name of InvoiceNumber-Original.xls
    · Save each Ship_Name file in the new directory
    · Format each of the Ship_Name output files in the same way as the attached sample file.

Please tell me someone can help me

1. Prompt the user to enter or select the Invoice number and select the directory where to process the following
    2. · Create a folder in the directory with the Invoice number as the folder name
    3. · Evaluate the full list of invoices in the excel report file.
    4. · By Ship_Name (column B) extract all invoices for each person into a separate excel file and total up their individual invoice totals.
    5. · Each excel file will be named with the following convention àInvoiceNumber-ShipName (Example: 123456789-sample.xls)
    6. · Save a copy of the original file in the new directory with the name of InvoiceNumber-Original.xls
    7. · Save each Ship_Name file in the new directory
    8. · Format each of the Ship_Name output files in the same way as the attached sample file.
    that doesn't look like it is in the correct numerical order.

In re # 8: No attachment.
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

number 8 is not needed.
    just need it to do what is listed
    any ideas?

VBAX Sage

2. Tall order

3. Suggestion: a more meaningful topic title is more likely to have people look at it and offer ideas
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

ok im sorry i was unclear:

need the macro to 1st prompt the user to enter or select the Invoice number and select the directory where to process the following:

· By Ship_Name (column B) extract all invoices for each person into a separate excel file and total up their individual invoice totals.
    · Each excel file will be named with the following convention a InvoiceNumber-ShipName (Example: 123456789-sample.xls)
    · Save a copy of the original file in the new directory with the name of InvoiceNumber-Original.xls
    · Save each Ship_Name file in the new directory
    · Format each of the Ship_Name output files in the same way as the attached sample file.

Does this make sense?

when it says the attached sample file was corrupt so it won't allow me to upload however it should save as Ship_Name user example would be like this: 123456789_sample.xls

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard
    Too far beyond your level of expertise. So you won't understand the help that could be offered.

need the macro to 1st prompt the user to enter or select the Invoice number and select the directory where to process the following:

Select one invoice, create folder. Process many invoices. Do you see a problem with that request?
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ