Consulting

Thread: How to generate Sum formula in excel

VBAX Regular
    How to generate Sum formula in excel

Hi all,
    Does anyone know how to insert a SUM formula in excel in a dynamic range. For example: If I wanted to use SUM formula in dynamic range, this dynamic range depends on variables, how to insert the formula with these variables: SUM(A1:K10) this is not a dynamic, but SUM(A1:N) is dynamic, N can be A10, or K10, or G5. I am trying to make the ranch dynamic, SUM(dynamic range). Any assistance is appreciated.
    Last edited by bbuk9999; 05-09-2016 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbuk9999 View Post
    Hi all,
    Does anyone know how to insert a SUM formula in excel in a dynamic range. For example: If I wanted to use SUM formula in dynamic range, this dynamic range depends on variables, how to insert the formula with these variables: SUM(A1:K10) this is not a dynamic, but SUM(A1:N) is dynamic, N can be A10, or K10, or G5. I am trying to make the range dynamic, SUM(dynamic range). Any assistance is appreciated.
    Hi bbuk9999,

You have posted the same question twice before but with different wording.

I think that you will find that what I have posted for two of your previous requests will show you how this can be achieved.
    The same logic applies to the question you have asked above.

If you have any problems however, please come back and I am sure there is someone who will be able to help you.

I hope this helps!
    -----------------------------------------∏-

12:45, restate my assumptions.
    Mathematics is the language of nature.
    Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
    If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

-----------------------------------------∏-

VBAX Regular
    Thanks, It is the same logic, but I am unable to figure out how to do it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

VBAX Sage
    Might be spliting hairs, but I'd think of that example, if I'm understanding it, as a 'variable range', not a 'dynamic range'

I'd use INDIRECT()

Capture.JPG
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3