Consulting

Thread: Word VBA/Bullet listing/Different indents/Check through document

Word VBA/Bullet listing/Different indents/Check through document

Hi all,

I have a document, which is used by different people. In the document, multiple bullet listings are present. However, since different people are working on it, some bullet listings have different indents. This means that the indent of level 1 bullets in one section can be different then that of another section. Also, the indent between different levels can be different or only level 2 and upwards has been applied. This causes the document to be inconsistent. I know that VBA can go through the document and can check for the indent of each bullet level. However, I am not that of an expert in using VBA so I require some help. Does anyone know a VBA script or solution to check:

- The indent of level 1 bullets and correct the indent if the bullet indent is not matching the set value and style;
    - The indent of level 2 bullets and correct the indent if the bullet indent is not matching the set value and style;

It would be nice if the code could also check whether the listing starts with level 1 bullets and, if not, change the bullet level to level 1 with the correct indent.
    Perhaps this would be very complicated though...

Any help will be welcome!

Many thanks in advance.
    Martin

VBAX Expert
    I'm no Word expert but I think you can customise styles. ? So "the set style" may not mean much since it can be different between users.

You would need to come up with a specific definition of a "set style" before working out how to enforce it via vba or otherwise.