Consulting

Thread: VBA Outlook folder, hyperlink, email

VBA Outlook folder, hyperlink, email

Hello,

I would like to do follow via VBA. With one click in Outlook:

- With the opened Email the file (figure.jpg) from the Hyperlink (in the text Body) in a new Windows folder to copy
    - Erase this figure from the old folder
    - Use this figure in a new Email as a text Body
    - Send this email to some contacts from my Outlook contact address

Is that possible?

Thanks!
    abv

'- With the opened Email the file (figure.jpg) from the Hyperlink (in the text Body) in a new Windows folder to copy' - Do you want to create a new folder locally and save the linked file in that new folder. If the purpose is simply to send the file on as a message body, then why not use an existing folder such as the Temp folder?

What address does the hyperlink link to?

'- Erase this figure from the old folder' - Which 'old folder'? The Hyperlink address? The new folder that has been created? Do you have write access to that location?

'- Use this figure in a new Email as a text Body' - Can you confirm that you simply want to insert the saved graphic into a new message body? Do you want to include the default signature associated with the mail account?

'- Send this email to some contacts from my Outlook contact address' - How many contacts are you likely to want to send it to? Are you going to add those contacts to the message manually before sending it?
    Graham Mayor - MS MVP (Word) 2002-2019
    Visit my web site for more programming tips and ready made processes
    http://www.gmayor.com

Hi!

'- With the opened Email the file (figure.jpg) from the Hyperlink (in the text Body) in a new Windows folder to copy''
    That is a good idea. It can be the temp folder. The hyperlink links to a share folder, cause I will receive this file from another colleague.
    But to make it easier and faster, let me remove this step. That means, it is not necessary to copy the file into a new folder

'- Erase this figure from the old folder'
    The hyperlink from the opened email links to the folder, where I will find one .jpg file. This file/folder needs to be erase, but first after I have sent it.

'- Use this figure in a new Email as a text Body'
    The idea actually is to send an invitation, with this figure (.jpg file from the hyperlink above) in the text body (not as attached). The invitation time and day is already defined in the programm (from 8-9 am for the upcoming friday - invitation is always sent on Monday or Tuesday).

'- Send this email to some contacts from my Outlook contact address'
    I have created already some contact groups, which contains some defined contacts (e.g. Team1). This contacts I want to insert in the invitation automatically.