Consulting

Thread: Can I disable Excel 2013 Start up screen using VBA?

Can I disable Excel 2013 Start up screen using VBA?

I am a noobie with VBA and am wondering if any of you have a solution for my problem. I have a user form with a button that I would like to disable the Excel Start Screen. The problem is that I cannot figure out any code that would do this. The only way I can find to do it is to go into File -> Options -> General -> and manually check or uncheck the box. I would love to automate this as it creates bugs with the macro in other ways when I try to open a new worksheet. Do any of you have some ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base
    Check out the first answer here
    MVP (Excel 2008-2010)

Post a workbook with sample data and layout if you want a quicker solution.

To help indent your macros try Smart Indent

Please remember to mark threads 'Solved'

Application.ShowStartupDialog = False
    Be as you wish to seem

I appreciate the ideas but the first one is not quite what I need as it does not run a macro to automatically turn off the Show Start Screen (I would have to rely on individuals to do this which would create issues) and the second solution does not work. I tried this earlier and I believe it is to prevent some sort of pop up on opening but I am not sure. I am not convinced there is a way to do this using VBA but I appreciate your efforts and ideas. I will probably just have to deal with the people as they crash excel one at a time and stress that they need to uncheck this box for the macro to operate correctly. Thanks :-)
    No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.