Consulting

Thread: I need help with datestamp.dvb in Autocad 2014 PLEASE

Question I need help with datestamp.dvb in Autocad 2014 PLEASE

All,
    I am in dire need of assistance. I have no idea about macros and dvb files but I have this datestamp.dvb file (attached) that is loaded every time a drawing is open or saved, I believe. My problem is that the drawing that this datestamp.dvb file was in originally was at 1-1/2"=1'-0". I scaled it down the drawing, border, to be 1=1, which was what it should have been from the start but someone else created it, I'm just cleaning up his mess. Well, now that string of text is huge at the bottom of the drawing. Evidently, once a macro or dvb file is run on a drawing, it remembers the original drawing size or something, I don't really know. Will someone be so kind to let me know how to fix this problem so I will know how to do it next time, if someone else has this problem, I will be able to fix it and look like a genius, LOL....I'm kidding. I'm so confused....

Thank you in advance,
    David
    Attached Files Attached Files

The person that originally wrote this is performing some math according to the size of the limits. I would suggest that if you are setting a dimscale to use that instead.
    To be specific s/he is using this

distance = Sqr(Sqr((x ^ 2) + (y ^ 2)) ^ 2)distance = distance / 391.152144312159

I would change it to read for example 0.125 * dimscale. if the dimscale is 1 the text height will be 1/8" high, if the dimscale is 96 (for 1/8 ' = 1'-0) the text will be 1'-0 high.

If you still need more help let me know.