Consulting

Thread: Creating a game using Excel

VBAX Newbie
    Creating a game using Excel

Hi everyone,

I'm new on this board. I was taking a course in VBA and as a final project I chose to create a Jigsaw puzzle using Excel. The idea was to let the user select a picture of his/her choice. The picture is then divided into about 25, 16, 9 blocks based on the difficulty level and then scrambled. Best times taken to solve the puzzle are recorded.

The problem is: I can't seem to figure out a way to divide up a picture into 25 equal square blocks using Excel and VBA. If anyone can help, I would be really greatful

RP

Administrator
    Chat VP

You may've bitten off quite a bit with your choice of project.

I whipped up something to yet you started (attached). There's only four jigsaw pieces in this example and you can only move each piece left/right/up/down one move at a time and it's a bit quirky, but seeing as it's your project I'll leave it to you to iron out the bugs and expand on it.

This's one idea, someone else may have another.

HTH,
    John

PS: Instead of time, perhaps you could put a counter on the number of moves and score it as the least number of moves to restore the picture?
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

The major part of getting the right answer lies in asking the right question...

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.