I am using VBA to extract information from igrafx flowcharter (Business Process Management Software). I have it all working, despite a few quirks I can't figure out. I didn't write the original code, I just modified it for my purposes.

I need to know if anyone is familiar with igrafx and their specific reference library. I need to have the RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, and Informed) information for each diagram object within the active diagram. The support from igrafx said this, but didn't offer any examples, and I can seem to find one, so I am stuck:

"You can get a fields text from theDiagramObject (the parent of the shape) under Fields.Once you've located the appropriate field,you can use FieldText to get the value."

Basically, the diagram object has depts., and I need to see which depts. are associated to which RACI attribute for each diagram.

Here is my code. Keep in mind, I am outputting to the screen, as well as writing to a file. Both work fine. I just need that little bit more info and I am done.

I also have a minor issue that is bugging me. Initially, I was writing/displaying activates that had only attached inputs and outputs. But I do want to see all activities, but the way this is setup, I am forced to display/write an extra line for the ones that have inputs/outputs, so I can at least see the ones with inputs/outputs. It's not a big deal. The RACI stuff is more important.

Sub ReportOnAttached()
    'We need a diagram
    If ActiveDiagram Is Nothing Then Return
    'Check to make sure it's a BPMN diagram
    If ActiveDiagram.DiagramType.ClassID <> "{C3447FD6-3C60-4426-BC4D-D91789BCECF5}" Then Return

Dim output As OutputPane
    Set output = Application.OutputWindow.OutputPanes.Add("BPMN Activity Report")
    output.Clear
    Application.OutputWindow.Visible = True

Dim dname As String
    dname = ActiveDiagram.Name
    Dim MyFile As String
    'MyFile = "C:\Users\collinsp\Documents\SSC\NEUB\Process\Reports\EBIDM Process Report -- " & dname & " -- " & Format(Now, "mmm dd, yyyy hh-mm")
    MyFile = "C:\Users\collinsp\Documents\SSC\NEUB\Process\Reports\EBIDM Process Report"

Open MyFile For Output As #2

output.AddString "Process:  " + dname
    'For each diagram object
    Dim dobj As DiagramObject
    For Each dobj In ActiveDiagram.DiagramObjects

Dim shp As shape
        Set shp = Nothing

'Only Shapes can be Activities, which in turn can be BPMN Activities
        If dobj.Type = ixObjectShape Then Set shp = dobj.shape

If Not shp Is Nothing Then

Dim ac As Activity

'Get the Activity
            Set ac = dobj.AsType("iGrafx.Activity")

'Check if the activity is a BPMN activity
            If Not ac Is Nothing And ac.BPMNType = ixBPMNActivity Then

Dim attachedObjs As ObjectRange
                Set attachedObjs = dobj.AttachedObjects
                'Output the shape text, and type name
                output.AddString shp.ShapeClass.Name + ":  " + shp.ShapeNumber.FormattedValue + " " + shp.Text
                Write #2, dname + "!" + shp.ShapeClass.Name + "!" + shp.ShapeNumber.FormattedValue + "!" + shp.Text + "!" + " " + "!" + " " + "!" + shp.Note.Text
                'If we have attached objects
                If Not attachedObjs Is Nothing And attachedObjs.Count > 0 Then
                    'Output RACI -- NEED THE VARIABLES
                    'output.AddString "Accountable:  "
                    'output.AddString "Responsible:  "
                    'output.AddString "Consulted:  "
                    'output.AddString "Informed:  "
                    Dim attachedObj As DiagramObject
                    For Each attachedObj In attachedObjs

Dim attachedShp As shape

If attachedObj.Type = ixObjectShape Then Set attachedShp = attachedObj.shape
                        If attachedObj.Type = ixObjectTextGraphic Then Set attachedShp = attachedObj.TextGraphicObject.shape

'and then output the attached shapes text and type name
                        If Not attachedShp Is Nothing Then
                            output.AddString attachedShp.ShapeClass.Name + ":  " + attachedShp.Text
                            Write #2, dname + "!" + shp.ShapeClass.Name + "!" + shp.ShapeNumber.FormattedValue + "!" + shp.Text + "!" + attachedShp.ShapeClass.Name + "!" + attachedShp.Text + "!" + " "
                        End If

Next
                    'output Notes
                    On Error Resume Next
                    output.AddString "Notes:  " + shp.Note.TextLF

End If

End If

End If
    Next
Close #2
End Sub