Consulting

Thread: CorelDraw 11 VBA Issue

VBAX Newbie
    CorelDraw 11 VBA Issue

Hi there, This is my first post. I hope for the best.

I use coreldraw 11 for my daily works and I know little bit of coding so written a macro in the inbuilt VBA to automate some of my daily repetitive works. But I have to repeatedly load (copy/paste) it into its VBA environment every time when I start the coreldraw11.

I just want something that can automate this for me. That means I want a way that can automatically load (NOT RUN) a VBA macro into the coreldraw11 ready to run.

Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Best Regards:

~~Indrajit~~

I do not use CorelDraw but I found this. https://support.corel.com/hc/en-us/a...s-in-CorelDRAW

VBAX Newbie
    Thanks Tommy for reply, The link u hv given contains vary basic infos which all I already know and do not talks about anything related to my question...
    BTW, I appreciate your willingness for help...

One way I am thinking about is, coreldraw11 have a gms macro module of global scope, I have tried copy/paste/save my macro in it but when I close the corel and then restart it I see none of my code in the global macro module. is that because corel is silently failing to save it because the module is located in c:\program files\...\ and corel when I start it is not itself elevated ???? may be... I think I should give it a try,.. I mean I should try saving my macro in the module in a elevated corel session.

Best Regards:

~~Indrajit~~
    Last edited by Indrajit; 08-06-2016 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Spelling Mistakes

I was thinking that the link I supplied had the global macro file location.
    Have you tried to record a macro and save it? I ask because Excel (I understand they are not the same) will save it to a personal file which does not have to be elevated. It will ask if you want to save it when you exit after you make changes. Either way you should be able to load the macro file without the cut and paste on every use.
    I will look further and post if I find something of actual value this time.

VBAX Newbie
    Thanks Tommy for your reply and apologies for my delayed reply.
    I am happy to acknowledge u that my elevation idea worked fine.

Ya I tried recording a macro and when I press the start recording button it shows a dialog named save macro Untitled-2.jpg which have an edit box to name the macro module and have a DDL control to select in which (already existing) module I want to save it. if u notice, u will see the first option in the DDL is Graphics1. This is for saving in a new user defined module and the rest 3 are predefined. Either item i choose from the DDL corel do not saves my macro, not even the user defined one. It maybe because coreldraw 11 is a vary old version and was designed XP in mind and XP do not have the elevation concept so if u notice u will find that coreldraw11 creates 4 macro modules (Slideshow.gms, CorelDRAW11.gms (i.e. the global scope module), FileConverter.gms, CalendarWizard.gms) while installing a fresh copy and are located in C:\Program Files\...\ and the predefined location to store the user defined macro module also located in C:\Program Files\...\GMS\, but a coreldraw supporting at least vista (if not win7) stores them in %AppData% which do not needs credential elevation for access. So, my conclusion is, it was the XP and Post XP OS compatibility issue. Softwares that were created for XP do not always works well with Post XP OS (e.g. Vista, Win7, Win8, and Win10). A major cause for this is the new restricted security architecture.

Another problem I am facing is I have a macro module which my coreldraw11 do not reads . Actually i created the module in coreldraw x5 and now I do not have x5 anymore and now I use coreldraw11. I need a way to read it without installing a coreldraw x5 or greater version. Maybe someone who has the x5 or higher can read my module and send it back to me as a text file. I can attach the module file here. Can u please solve it or anyone here??? I will be waiting for a reply.

Best Regards:

~~Indrajit~~