Consulting

Thread: Solved: What Happens to Event Programs for Deleted Sheets?

Solved: What Happens to Event Programs for Deleted Sheets?

It appears that if I create an event program (Worksheet_Activate) for a worksheet, then I delete that sheet, that the module and event program get deleted as well. I would like a knowledgeable member to comment on that. I have a workbook with a new set of three worksheets every month. They get deleted at the end of the month and new sheets are created. If I started using event macros for those sheets, does anything get messed up after awhile as a result of deleteing those worksheets and having residual event macros hanging around later?

Knowledge Base Approver
    The King of Overkill!
    VBAX Master

If you have code in the sheet object and the sheet is deleted, then the code in that sheet is deleted too. I don't think you'd get errors constantly pasting code into the newly created sheets, but you might be better off using the workbook_sheetactivate event in the ThisWorkbook object, as that code will stay there even if sheets are deleted.[vba]Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
    If Sh.Name = "Summary" Then
    'if you know the name of the sheet...
    End If
    'or
    If Sh.Index = Sheets.Count Then
    'if you know what position the sheet will be in...
    End If
    End Sub[/vba]
    Matt

Hi, Matt! I started thinking about it when I was reviewing the Project Explorer display, and noticed that one of the sheets had something like 128 "versions" (or replacements). I'm not real sure what those numeric "subscripts" mean. I started wondering if there was any holdover junk from previous versions, hence my question. The more I think about it, that wasn't 128...it was Sheet128, which means 28 more Sheet1's (or something like that). Anyway I think you have confirmed what I thought, but I feel better having someone else agree with me.
    Thanks, Matt.