Consulting

Thread: Sleeper: Problem with Deleting Slicers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sleeper: Problem with Deleting Slicers

I have set up a vba tool in an excel document with two exhibits on separate tabs. Each macro pulls data down from a server location and then builds pivot tables, charts, and slicers.

Both macros begin by deleting all the pivot connections, slicers, slicer caches, and pivot tables. The code is working fine as long as you run one exhibit and not the other. However, if you run the second exhibit, and then go back to run the first exhibit again, it does not delete and replace the slicers. I have tried stepping through the code to see why this might be happening, but it's just not working and I'm not getting any error messages. I have tried two methods for deleting the slicers:

WorksheetName.Shapes.Range(Array("Slicer Name")).Delete
    For Each SL In WorksheetName.Shapes
        If SL.Type = msoSlicer Then SL.Delete
    Next SL
    The SL dim is defined as a Shape, in this instance.

Again, as long as you run one exhibit and not another, the step to delete and replace the slicer works fine. This error only occurs when you run the second exhibit and then go back to the first.

Has anyone encountered a problem like this? Is there another method for deleting slicers I should try?

Thanks!

I moved this thread to the Excel BI forum, where Slicers are more frequently discussed.
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

VBAX Sage
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ