My name is Harold K. I'm the staffing manager / technical recruiter for Watershed Security. Wanted to reach out to all on this forum to see about the possibility of finding / attracting some top-notch DEVs who are strong in MS Excel and VBA.
We are currently looking for a Data Analyst position for the NCIS at their headquarters in Quantico, VA. We are the PRIME contractor and the contract is good through at least April 2019.
Please see position description copied below. The right candidate must have an active Secret or Top Secret security clearance.
Since our inception in 2003, our dynamic Company specializes in information assurance and focuses on leading edge Cyber Security technology.
We work for the Department of Defense in locations all over the US and our employees are known as subject matter experts in the most advanced areas of information technology.
We offer outstanding benefits, including company paid medical, dental, disability generous 401k match and other great benefits.
Keep my contact information for the future. You can reach me via cell or text at: 202 - 599 - 9999. I am also available until 2300, 7-days/week.
Looking forward to connecting with you.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Watershed Security, a leader in Cyber Security solutions, leverages its vast background in Information Assurance (IA) and provides best value services to government and commercial entities, through sound project management and high caliber personnel.
The following exciting opportunity awaits a qualified candidate:
Data Analyst / Quantico, Virginia
The Data Analyst combines seasoned Access and Excel VBA development experience along expertise of sound data design and management principles, advanced programming, and statistical methods to provide leadership in support of the goals of Organizational Performance through the design, development and implementation of data collection methods, reporting, analysis and significance testing of the parameters of operational performance.
The Data Analysts collaborates with the Research Analysts on the program to ensure the coordination of organization goals, technological systems, and operational data to advance excellence in the operationalizing and measurement of the goals of organizational performance.
- Analyzes data requirements in both Excel and Access
- Develops small-scale applications within MS Excel to display and report on operational data metrics
- Performs complex data analysis, results interpretation and report preparation in support of ad-hoc and standing customer requests;
- Develops programs, analytic methods, and delivery methodologies for analyzing and presenting data, including advanced multivariate statistical techniques;
- Provides solutions to Research Analysts on assigned tasks in the implementation of reporting projects and the monitoring and reporting projects and the monitoring and adherence to project milestones;
- Address business data requests queue – including interacting with business partners to better understand needs, recommend best way to address needs, query and extract data from relevant systems based in Access and Excel.
- Cleanse, translate and merge different datasets as required to help solve business question on hand. Incorporate industry best practices into daily work and team processes.
- Assist with the interpretation of data and provide a repeatable and consistent evaluation across the team. Understand executive management’s information needs and contribute to related solution roadmaps.
The candidate will be responsible for capturing user requirements for Excel and Access applications from various data sources and must have excellent communication skills. Will interface with Research Analysts to capture their requirements and will develop and deploy solutions based in MS Excel utilizing VBA programming techniques.
- Ideal candidate should have 6+ years of data analytics experience.
- Candidate should have expert knowledge in managing data within MS Excel and MS Access environments.
- Candidate will need 3+ years of experience in developing dashboard applications in both Excel and Access.
- Should have expert analytical skills and be able to develop and deliver executive level briefings on requirements analysis, solution design and deployment.
- Should be proficient in OLAP tools such as Business Objects. Should have expert experience in MS Visual Basic (VBA).
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required.
- Top Secret clearance is required (Will consider the possibility of bumping up from Secret to Top Secret).
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (MUST HAVE):
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- 2+ years of MS Access application development experience
- 3+ years of advanced Excel application development experience
- Must be able to capture user requirements and document them for development efforts
- Must be self-motivated and able to execute the duties of the position with minimal supervision
Watershed Security, LLC, offers outstanding compensation and benefits including company paid, medical and dental, and short-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan with a generous match, 15 days PTO and 10 paid holidays per year.
Watershed Security, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply with our company.
Staffing Mgr / Sr. Technical Recruiter
Watershed Security, LLC