Consulting

Thread: Vlookup or indirect,Help

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VBAX Regular
    Vlookup or indirect,Help

Good morning everyone,
    OK guys I hope this can be done!?
    If you look at my workbook I have to worksheets, one called (B_D sec11) the other (data). In workbook (B_D sec 11) I have a map, a scatter plot (x, y) chart and some tables with labels, counts and something I call a Identifier . If you click the scatter plot and then click the "Identify" button you will get numbers attached to point on the scatter plot. Now if you go to the "data" workbook these numbers are from the "index" column tagged to the (x, y) points on the chart. This index number has a column before it called "items". If you click a point on the scatter plot you will get 2 red lines going to that point on the chart.
    What I am trying to figure out is how to get this or these index numbers (from the data and scatter plot chart) for that Item to go in to the cells for that item seen in the tables. So I can stop going back and forth between both worksheets and losing my position
    Example
    Item...............................Count.....Identifiers (these would be the number from he scatter plot chart)
    Aluminum, Bearing..................... 1................. 1
    Aluminum, Bottle Cap................. 3 ................8,10,11
    Aluminum, Nail............... ...........2................ 2,13
    Miscellaneous, House Key............1 ................15
    Coins, One cent.............. ...........2................ 16,17
    Coins, Quarter........................... 1................. 18
    Thank you for your time
    Brian
    Attached Files Attached Files