Consulting

Thread: Outlook Categorization using VBA

Outlook Categorization using VBA

Hi All,

I've posted a few questions here in the past and found some really supporting folks with some really creative codes that made my life so much easier.

Now i'm faced with a similar task of getting something done with outlook and I was hoping someone can help me out.

Here is my situation:

I have a team of 15 people that is split into 4 member groups and they all handle different types of email requests. We have one generic mailbox and all the emails flow into it. My job is to check each email for certain keywords (either in the subject or body of the email) and then assign it to a user which will also be the name of the category. Right now if I mark an email to let say category "Linda" she will take up the mail and action it.

I want to be able to distribute email categorization in an optimal format. For example, I dont want to send all type A emails to Linda, but distribute evenly to the four members in that groups and similarly for the other groups in my team. Right now this takes a lot of time and effort as the volume of emails coming in has increased.

Any help that you guys can offer will be amazing. Thanks.

VBAX Master
    - Each categorie is a search folder
    - Make them appear in your favorites
    - Change properties of search folder to display all items

Maybe a custom folder that displays emails with no categories and are in Inbox folder (maybe even unread) to see wich items need an action ...

In favorites you can arrange the search folders to quickly view number of assignments each member has.

Additional tip : Add the 'Categorie' option to the quick toolbar = quickly add or remove categories from email

Hope this helps a little with the workflow.

Charlize