Consulting

Thread: listobox remove item erorr

listobox remove item erorr

Hello all,
    I hope there is someone who can give me an advice. With this code It gives me back an error mesage: Unspecified erorr. I have found at different thread, that it is because of using rowSource property. Is here other way how can I define data source then with rowsource property?

There is the thread I have found. http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/912540-removing-item-listbox-error.html

there is code with Erorr
     For i = ListBox1.ListCount - 1 To 0 Step -1
        If ListBox1.List(i) <> "Something" Then
            ListBox1.RemoveItem i
        End If
     next
    and there is a code with Definition of data source

LastAddress = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("LED_IM").Range("AM65536").End(xlUp).Address
        newACC.Controls("Listbox1").RowSource = "LED_IM!AK3:" & LastAddress
    Thank you for your help

It is good to see that you know that RowSource is the issue. Use the List method as I did or AddItem method.

So you want to remove all entries that are not "Something"? You can adapt this to do that.

This just removes items that match. It is case sensitive. Change the first sub to suit your sheet name and range. That should be straight forward. If not, post back.

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()  
      Dim r As Range
      With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1")
        Set r = .Range("A1", .Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp))
      End With
      ListBox1.List = WorksheetFunction.Transpose(r)

'Remove blank/empty listbox entries if any.
      RemoveListBoxItem ListBox1
    End Sub

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
      RemoveListBoxItem ListBox1, TextBox1.Value
    End Sub

Private Sub RemoveListBoxItem(lb As Control, Optional aString As String = vbNullString)
      Dim i As Long
      For i = lb.ListCount - 1 To 0 Step -1
        If lb.List(i) = aString Then
            lb.RemoveItem i
        End If
      Next
    End Sub

Hello Keneth,
    I am gald for your Response, this is not exactly what I am trying, anyway, this is also very usefull for my next step(s)...
    My previous insight on my issue was wrong, becouse I wanted to morelike filtering data depending on previous choice and after that create listbox, then delete some data from existing listbox... so I have Change structure of my code like this... Anyway I really appreciate your help.
    Thank You
    Sub filteringSupplier(ByVal sheet As String)
    Dim counter As Integer
        With ThisWorkbook.Sheets(sheet).Range("ak3", ThisWorkbook.Sheets(sheet).Range("ak" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).Resize(, 3) 'sorting
            .Sort .Columns(1), Header:=xlNo
        End With
        For i = 3 To 500
            If ThisWorkbook.Sheets(sheet).Cells(i, 40) = Properties.Controls("Label26").Caption Then  'add data when condition of filter is true to 3 columns of listbox
                newACC.ListBox1.AddItem ThisWorkbook.Sheets(sheet).Cells(i, 37)
                newACC.ListBox1.List(counter, 1) = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(sheet).Cells(i, 38)
                newACC.ListBox1.List(counter, 2) = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(sheet).Cells(i, 39)
                counter = counter + 1
            End If
        Next
    End Sub