Consulting

Thread: VBA code to build Pivot tables in “Existing sheets”.

VBA code to build Pivot tables in “Existing sheets”.

Hi all,

I was trying to do some pivot automatons in existing sheets(summary) . attached is the sample file for your reference . can you help with the VBA code .. its a piece i have given you as a sample there are more pivots needs to be added in the same summary sheet along with few more calculations... and narrations that i can do my self .. but i am unable to create code in existing sheet..any inputs are appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
    some pivot automatons in existing sheets(summary)
    Could you be more specific? What needs to be automated?
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

Hi all.

Before I take any help or advice from this forum . I would like to inform you that I have cross posted the question at below forum.

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?57746.

and it does not mean to waste our valued experts or forum members . but I was expecting a quick resolution . assuming I would close the question which ever get resolved .

thanks ...

Hi mate(P45cal).

thanks for your come back on my question . its simple that , I wanted to do a pivot table using a data in sheet1 in summary sheet.

macro is not working for this . hence code required for it , can you help me ?.

Sub blah()
    With ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").CurrentRegion).CreatePivotTable(TableDestination:=Sheets("Summary").Range("A19"))
      .PivotFields("Credit analyst").Orientation = xlRowField
      .AddDataField .PivotFields("Total balance in LC"), "Sum of Total balance in LC", xlSum
      .AddDataField .PivotFields("Overdue Total"), "Sum of Overdue Total", xlSum
      .DisplayFieldCaptions = False
      .PivotFields("Sum of Total balance in LC").NumberFormat = "£#,##0.00"
      .PivotFields("Sum of Overdue Total").NumberFormat = "£#,##0.00"
      .TableStyle2 = "PivotStyleLight16"
      .ShowTableStyleRowStripes = True
    End With
    End Sub
    ps. you've linkd to this thread rather than the other forum(s)
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

thanks mate. I will check and let you know .. and thanks for your assistance. have a grate day

Hi P45cal .

This is fantastic mate . can that be made more dynamic lets say . I have another data with attached file . this is something different date I have send you initially .

can you advice please ?.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just wanted to let you know .. I have asked this similar question in below forum . but not exactly

http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...t=#post4529219

Sub Macro1()
    With ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").CurrentRegion).CreatePivotTable(TableDestination:=Sheets("Summary").Range("A19"))
      With .PivotFields("Classification")
        .Orientation = xlRowField
        .Position = 1
      End With
      With .PivotFields("Ageing Buckets as on today")
        .Orientation = xlColumnField
        .Position = 1
      End With
      .PivotFields("Ageing Buckets as on today").PivotItems(">120").Position = 5
      .AddDataField .PivotFields("Amount in doc. curr."), "Sum of Amount in doc. curr.", xlSum
    End With
    End Sub
    p45cal

Mate- this is excellent you are the best . I wish I could give you one rep but don't have one to give.

mate this is fine . how do I make sum to count .for the field : (Amount in doc. curr.)

Can you advice please

change:
    .AddDataField .PivotFields("Amount in doc. curr."), "Sum of Amount in doc. curr.", xlSum
    to:
    .AddDataField .PivotFields("Amount in doc. curr."), "Count of Amount in doc. curr.", xlCount
    p45cal