So originally my company was using sharepoint to launch a word document and have the template automatically attached to it. So if I were to see the location of the attached template it would point to the sharepoint website. I noticed that when I launch a template off of Sharepoint, save my job, close it down and then disconnect from the internet, that when I load the document up again all the forms and modules are still there. Meaning the template still functions perfectly fine even though I have no connection to the internet. The Document Template is still pointing to the sharepoint website.

Now Sharepoint has been causing issues with a lot of members of the company so we decided to develop our own software. Now I created a program in VB NET that will load the templates from a different website where we host them now. This works fine, just like it did in Sharepoint. Now when I save the document, close it down and disconnect from the internet, everything is gone. When I reconnect to the internet it loads all the forms and modules back in like one would expect.

So my question is, if not obvious by now, how is it that if a document points to a sharepoint website link, that even though the internet is down, that everything still loads properly?