Consulting

Thread: Move emails to Shard mailbox folders based on contacts

VBAX Newbie
    Move emails to Shard mailbox folders based on contacts

Hi,

This is my first post here and let me introduce myself first. I'm a system engineer handling Microsoft AD and Exchange Server. I'm not a programmer and very limited knowledge in programming. But the situation come to me to work on that becasue there is no one else to do.
    Here is my scenario.
    We are migrating Public Folders to Shared Mailboxes and facing some challences. One of departments use public folders heavily and there is a dedicated PC for moving emails to respective folders based on contacts using a VBA script.. I already created Shared folders with same name as public folders as the preparation of migration.
    Now it's the time to modify the script to move to shared mailbox instead of Public folders.
    Below is the existing script and want to modify if.
    Can someone advice me how to handle it.
    Thanks in advanced and really appreciate it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you have set up shared mailbox folders to match then

Set ContactFolder = ObjMAPI.Folders("Public Folders").Folders("All Public Folders").Folders("Vessel COM").Folders("Vessel COM Contacts")
    might be changed to

Set rootFolder = ObjMAPI.Folders("Public Folders").Folders("All Public Folders")
        Set ContactFolder = rootFolder.Folders("Vessel COM").Folders("Vessel COM Contacts")
    Once you change all the places with a public folder reference and this looks like it is working then

Set rootFolder = ObjMAPI.Folders("Name of Shared Mailbox").Folders("Inbox")
    To debug, mouse-click anywhere in the code. Press F8 repeatedly to step through the code. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DebuggingVBA.aspx

If your problem has been solved in your thread, mark the thread "Solved" by going to the "Thread Tools" dropdown at the top of the thread. You might also consider rating the thread by going to the "Rate Thread" dropdown.