Consulting

Thread: VBA Books/Courses For A Novice

VBA Books/Courses For A Novice

Hi All,

I'm new to learning VBA and wondering if anyone has suggestions of goods books or courses to begin learning. I currently have Excel 2016 Power Programming with VBA by Michael Alexander & Dick Kusleika.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

James

VBAX Regular

I'm learning on youtube but is can get confusing as everyone has different coding, but the result is the same. I have yet to find a channel to follow.
    I've find a site called Lynda which I'm still debating to sign up to or not. Hope this site helps

Regards

Allen

The power programming book is maybe the next book for you to pick up. I would suggest to check out the Excel VBA for dummies series. Thoese are better for the beginner VBA programmer.
    Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
    Excel MVP jkp-ads.com

VBAX Regular
    I've got "Excel VBA in easy Step", Might get the Dummies Series next.
    Allen

VBAX Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Hi James,

I'm learning on youtube but is can get confusing as everyone has different coding, but the result is the same. I have yet to find a channel to follow.
    I've find a site called Lynda which I'm still debating to sign up to or not. Hope this site helps

Regards

Allen
    FYI - the original post that you responded to was about a year old, and the OP has probably forgotten about since your's was the first answer in all that time

In general, it's better to start your own thread if you have a question instead of tagging onto ('hi jacking') an old post
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3