Consulting

Thread: Macro to Create Appointment on Public Folder Calendar

Question Macro to Create Appointment on Public Folder Calendar

Hi Guys, first time post here, thank you for having me along.... complete noob to vba.. anyhow I've got Office365 business and use outlook2016 and have created a PublicSharedCalendar which is working fine (shared out to my account and one other who have all the correct permissions)... I created a form to open and assigned it to a button on the ribbon.

Now i'd like my macro to put my "meeting" on the publicsharefolder calendar instead of my personal calendar. could someone please help me out with my code below please?

Sub MakeItem()
    Set newCalFolder = NS.GetSharedDefaultFolder(account_name, account_email_address\TEST_CALENDAR) ---- I added this line to try and get it to use the public shared folder?
    Set newItem = Application.CreateItemFromTemplate("C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\test.oft")
    newItem.Display
    Set newItem = Nothing
    End Sub
    Thankyou!
    Last edited by Aussiebear; 10-28-2021 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Added code tags to supplied code

To transfer mailboxes between Office 365 tenants, EdbMails offers an Office 365 Tenant Migration tool. Migrating Office 365 mailboxes has never been easier, safer, or more scalable. It performs data migration quickly while maintaining privacy and control. Mailboxes, archive mailboxes, public folders, shared mailboxes, Office 365 Groups, Office 365 Teams, SharePoint sites, and OneDrive for Businesses are all supported by EdbMails. Furthermore, it sets the impersonation rights automatically.

Features of Office 365 Migration

• Mailboxes, Archive mailboxes, Public Folders, and Shared mailboxes can be migrated.
    • Emails, folders, drafts, sent items, deleted items, inbox, and junk folders, among other things, can be migrated to your destination server.
    • Supports mailbox migration from Office 365 to Exchange Server 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019.
    • Supports incremental migration: On subsequent migrations, only freshly added items are migrated to the target server, eliminating duplicate item migration.
    • The tool automatically maps the mailboxes or it also allows you to manually map the target mailboxes.
    • Allows you to apply address-based filters such as 'subject,"sent date,"received date,' 'attachment name,' 'from,' and 'to' for particular data conversion.
    • There's no need for Outlook: Perform migrations from one Office 365 tenancy to another, Office 365 to Exchange Server, and Office 365 to PST without installing Outlook on your PC.
    • Try the "Free Trial version" to test the software's functionality, which includes mailbox, public folder, and archive mailbox migration, as well as shared mailbox migration.

• EdbMails uses modern authentication to connect to your Office 365 based on secure OAuth 2.0.