Consulting

Thread: Excel Button IE Automation

Excel Button IE Automation

Evening! New to forum so take it easy on me!

Learnt loads off here already but stuck on one thing - the GetelementbyID!

Using Excel to open up Website, log in, pull of report.

There are two buttons on the website - 'Display' and 'Excel'
    Display Code:
    <button id="Display_Button" language="javascript" onmouseup="className='Highlight';" onmouseleave="className='';" onmouseover="Hand(this)" onclick="if (FT_FinalTest()) { __doPostBack('Display','') }" class="" style="height: 22px; width: 75px; z-index: 1000; left: 942px; top: 130px; position: absolute; cursor: pointer;" tabindex="25" onmouseenter="className='Highlight';Hand(this)" onmousedown="className='Clicked';">Display</button>
    Excel Code:
    <button id="Excel_Button" language="javascript" onmouseup="className='Highlight';" onmouseleave="className='';" onmouseover="Hand(this)" class="" style="height: 22px; width: 75px; z-index: 1000; left: 942px; top: 98px; position: absolute; cursor: pointer;" tabindex="26" onmouseenter="className='Highlight';Hand(this)" onmousedown="className='Clicked';" doonclick="__doPostBack('Excel','')">Excel</button>
    I use the below code to click Display and it works fine
     ie.document.getElementById("Display_Button").Click
    Now to click the Excel Button I would have assumed swapping the Display_Button out for Excel_Button would work, but it doesn't

Am I missing something? Does a Reference need to be ticked that isn't already?
    Displays the error - Run Time Error 5002 - Application defined or Object Defined Error
    I have tried numerous methods such as Set A = ie.document.getElementById("Excel_Button") followed by A(0). click and submit, along with getelementsbyclassname but to no avail

Many thanks for any help

Regards

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    I know nothing of html, but have, in the past, looked at scraping the web for stuff.
    Looking at those two long bits of html, I look for differences and the only differences of note are that for the Display there is included:
    onclick="if (FT_FinalTest()) { __doPostBack('Display','') }"

and for Excel:
    doonclick="__doPostBack('Excel','')"

There is no onclick for excel and no doonclick for Display

Fantasyland: I wonder if there's a
    ie.document.getElementById("Display_Button").doOnClick
    or some such!

Why don't you tell us what the url actually is and perhaps include some of your code so we can experiment with them?

edit post posting: more fantasy - .FireEvent("doonClick") ???

I got that from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...n-vba-vbscript
    see if the one answer can help too.
    Last edited by p45cal; 02-25-2017 at 06:30 AM.
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

P45cal

Evening P45cal -

Unfortunately cant post the URL and there's not much else to the code that directly relates to this

As i said it works fine clicking the Display button just doesn't recognize the Excel button - i tried the several onclick codes but nothing happens

Works with SendKeys but attempting at all costs to avoid the using of them! I have tried focusing on the button first then click but not having any of it

I feel like a doonclick alternative would work but just cant work it out

Thanks for the help anyways!

Evening p45cal and anyone else reading

Managed to crack it using code below (Not my code - but doesn't allow me to post link)

ie.navigate "javascript:__doPostBack('Excel','')"

Works perfect!

Thanks for the help

Interesting, you can post the url by leaving off the http:// bit at the front.
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/502298-need-help-regarding-ie-automation-using-visual-basic-applications.html

Post by 'headhair'

Quote Originally Posted by shaine321 View Post
    mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/502298-need-help-regarding-ie-automation-using-visual-basic-applications.html

Post by 'headhair'
    Thats' worth bookmarking! Thanks.
    Could you post the url that you were trying to get data from?
    p45cal