Consulting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Potential VBA job in Sydney - is proposed wage ok?

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    I don't have anything useful to post, now that xld and kpuls have posted what I would have said. So I'll make a not-so-useful post, and say that I'd love to visit the land down-under.

Zack - then we are at least two who want to go

Kind regards,
    Dennis
    Kind regards,
    Dennis

ExcelKB | .NET & Excel | 2nd edition PED

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Expert brettdj's Avatar

Administrator
    Chat VP
    Guys - you should visit ..... why not?
    But be warned... Everyone that I know of from the Scandinavian countries (Norway, Sweden, etc) that's come for an extended visit have either found it impossible to go home or do go home then arrive back here on the very next plane - they say they can't get stand the cold any more! there's always a price to pay for visiting paradise)
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

The major part of getting the right answer lies in asking the right question...

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.

You don't have any idea how many Aussie's move to Canada to get into our mountains. I kid you not, half of the ski lift attendants in Whistler, BC have Aussie accents.
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Expert brettdj's Avatar
    so true Ken. I know a couple of guys who have done that

John, Melb has European weather - ie it can be bleak and cold during an Australian summer.

Administrator
    Funny thing...

You don't have any idea how many Aussie's move to Canada to get into our mountains. I kid you not, half of the ski lift attendants in Whistler, BC have Aussie accents.
    Aaahhh... but there's an underlying strategy there y'know...

See, Aussies have always done really well in the summer Olympics (for a small nation) and we reckon it's not fair that some countries are getting all these other medals in the winter Olympics just because they've got lotsa mountains and snow and ice. So we send lotsa ppl (and support staff) to live in these countries to get the required experience in that environment.

As a consequence we're now starting to get some medals for snow and ice events. Steven Brdbury led the charge for us in 2002 - now, he's not really a fast skater as some are mind you, but he's applied some Aussie enginuity, put his mind to it and showed everyone that it's really very important not to fall over, so, ROTW - watch out for the Aussie charge from now on... http://www.sptimes.com/2002/02/18/ne...hampion_.shtml

P.S. ?Accent? We don't have an accent
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

The major part of getting the right answer lies in asking the right question...

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.

I'll be sure to pass on to the Canadian hockey team that the Aussie skaters can stay on their skates...
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru

I still want to go to Australia. When I do my world tour, I'll swing by. But I better get treated to some world famous aussie beer by you guys!

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Funny thing...

Also, judging by how many Ozzie barmen there are in Londonj (yes, especially in Earls Court), I am amazed there is anyone left over there.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber