Consulting

Thread: Mail Merging problem

VBAX Regular
    Mail Merging problem

I posted this earlier in MrExcel's msg board(http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=177132), but so far no help.... So let's try here also. And don't exactly know, should this be in Word, Excel or VBA section....

Hello everybody!
    I seem to have a problem, for you probably very small, but it's causing me headache...
    I have our customers in xl-sheet and I made labels to letters with mail merge in MSWord. So far so good....
    When I add a customer to the xl-sheet, how do I 'refresh' the word document's labels so that I don't have to do 'the mail merge' -thing everytime all over again?
    Anybody?

And U all, have a great weekend!

-e-

First off, thank you for posting the link to the other post. We really appreciate that.

I don't know if I'll be able to help you with this or not, but I'm curious if you could clarify something for me. Are you trying to just add a new record to the Excel sheet and then have it automatically add just that last record to the Word stuff without actually redoing the whole merge? Turning it into a more dynamic document in effect?
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Hi Erin,

First off, thank you for posting the link to the other post. We really appreciate that.

I don't know if I'll be able to help you with this or not, but I'm curious if you could clarify something for me. Are you trying to just add a new record to the Excel sheet and then have it automatically add just that last record to the Word stuff without actually redoing the whole merge? Turning it into a more dynamic document in effect?
    Same question here...You need it to be more dynamic? Updates itself whenever a new entry in Excel is added?

VBAX Regular
    Okay, I'll try to explain more clearly what I need... Sorry my english.

I have customer list in excel. And we do mail them letters about once a week. New customers are added to this excel sheet every day. I would like it to work like this: Adding customers to the xl-sheet daily, no mailing needed at that point. Every friday I need to print those labels for envelopes. So do I really need to go through this wizard for mail merge through every friday. So far it doesn't add the new customers...

Any clearer?

-e-