Consulting

Thread: Macro to save .Msg as .Tif

Question Macro to save .Msg as .Tif

Hi Team,
    I get fax confirmations to my to my email in Outlook. These usually one page when I save or print them as PDF. I need to upload these confirmations in a document manager in .tif format.
    So I'm wondering if there is a way to save these emails as .tif automatically as they come in, possibly using macros.
    Thanks,
    Bharat Devana

It will take more than a macro to save an e-mail message to TIFF format as Outlook has no means of doing this, in fact Office has had no means of doing so since Word 2007 and the 32 bit version of Windows. All is not lost however as there are several third party drivers that will do this, of which perhaps the most notable for your requirements is PDFCreator which is powerful and capable of creating TIFF and more.

For Word users I have produced an add-in that will make the use of PDFCreator even simpler and while it doesn't work with Outlook, Outlook can print to the PDFCreator driver and e-mail the resulting TIFF file to recipient, using Outlook or direct to the SMTP driver of any e-mail account you are subscribed to.
    Graham Mayor - MS MVP (Word) 2002-2019
    Visit my web site for more programming tips and ready made processes
    http://www.gmayor.com

GMayor,

Thanks for the response. I have downloaded PDF creator. Can anyone help with how I can use PDF references and save the messages in Tif?

Quote Originally Posted by bharatdevana View Post
    GMayor,

Thanks for the response. I have downloaded PDF creator. Can anyone help with how I can use PDF references and save the messages in Tif?
    I have MS document image writer installed. Would that help to print the messages in .Tif format automatically? I have MS document image writer installed. Would that help to print the messages in .Tif format automatically?

Graham Mayor - MS MVP (Word) 2002-2019
    Visit my web site for more programming tips and ready made processes
    http://www.gmayor.com