Consulting

Thread: On send, count all attendees in outlook invite and show # in messagebox

VBAX Newbie
    On send, count all attendees in outlook invite and show # in messagebox

Hi all,

I have been using a macro to check recipients in outgoing mail for a while now, and I want to have something similar for outgoing outlook meeting invites. However, I don't know how to execute a macro automatically upon sending a meeting invite in outlook.

What I am trying to achieve is the following:

Upon send, I want a macro to count all attendees (required, optional etc.) and show a popup in which the number of attendees, multiplied by a standard hourly rate and the duration of the meeting is shown. This to make the user aware of the (estimated) cost of the proposed meeting. Then the user should be able to either approve and send, or deny and go back.

How can I check this?

So many thanks for your help!

NB: Outlook 2010

If you are using itemsend for mail that code should be good for determining the item is a meetingitem.
    To debug, mouse-click anywhere in the code. Press F8 repeatedly to step through the code. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DebuggingVBA.aspx

If your problem has been solved in your thread, mark the thread "Solved" by going to the "Thread Tools" dropdown at the top of the thread. You might also consider rating the thread by going to the "Rate Thread" dropdown.