Consulting

Thread: Form For A Change Request

Form For A Change Request

I would like to start by saying I am new to forms for Outlook. I have used Outlook at work for email but never had to use it for much else.
    At my work I have been tasked with creating a form for Outlook that will do the following.

If someone notices an error in a document we use at work, they would open the Form and in one of the fields they would put the error they have noticed.

e.g There is a spelling mistake on Document ABC-123 (version1.2), the word AIRPORT is spelled AIPORT.

Then in a second field you would recommend a corrective action.

e.g Replace the incorrectly spelled word with the correct version.

This form would then be sent to an administrator, who would forward it to whomever would be responsible for acting on the request.
    Once the error is corrected this person would then fill out a third field, detailing the corrective action.

e.g The word AIPORT has been replaced with the correct spelling AIRPORT. The latest version of the document is now ABC-123 (version 1.3).

They would then put a cross in a checkbox, and submit the Change request as complete.

The person who originally submitted the Change request and the administrator would then receive an email telling them the request is complete and what the corrective action taken was.

I also want to have outlook send an end of month report to the administrator showing all the completed requests for the previous month.

Now I don't know if what I have described above is possible, so I thought I would post here to ask as before I start to look into how to do it, I would like to know if it is possible and not waste my time.

Also any pointers on how to make this form would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance for any help offered.

How to make and populate a form with controls :

http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

The above includes instructions how to get data from the form written to the spreadsheet.