Consulting

Thread: Shortcut Icon: to Insert>Shape> Line into a Slide

VBAX Newbie
    Shortcut Icon: to Insert>Shape> Line into a Slide

Hello Awesome VBA Express board,

I have a quick question. I am using windows OS 8.1 with Powerpoint 2016. I insert many "line" shapes (ie insert>shapes>line) in my slides. Is there a way to create a shortcut icon at the top of the powerpoint screen when pressed it would select the line object thus allowing me to simply click and drag on a slide to insert it?

thx,

VE2017

VBAX Sage
    Easiest and fastest way would probably be to add it to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT). Unfortunately, it's not just line shapes, but it might work for you

Capture.JPG

Click the triangle on the right, select QAT. All COmmands, click Insert Shapes, and [Add]

Capture2.JPG
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

VBAX Master
    Not sure this is what you mean but if you need to add several lines one after the other you can right click the line on the ribbon (or as Paul says the QAT) >>> Lock Drawing Mode. You won't be able to do other things till you ESC though.
    John Wilson
    Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
    Amazing Free PowerPoint Tutorials
    http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html