Consulting

Thread: Userform dimensions for multiple screen sizes/resolutions

VBAX Regular
    Userform dimensions for multiple screen sizes/resolutions

Guys,

I've looked through various discussions and I realise this topic has been posted a lot. I recently used a userform which I had previously created on a different computer. When it loaded, some of the controls were sitting partly out of the userform border. From what I have read this is down to resolution/screen size/dpi...or some combination of all three, either way, the common advice seems to be:

1. Develop for 800x600, or...
    2. Create multiple forms for different resolutions etc.

What approach do you commonly use?

This might be a stupid question but, if the advice is to develop for 800x600 (or some other set dimensions) what does that actually mean and how do I do it - is it how I size my userform originally?

Joe

Microsoft Word MVP 2003-2009 VBAX Guru gmaxey's Avatar

I've never tried what you want to do and you can discard this comment as garbage I you want. If I wasn't trying to sell what I developed then I would perhaps try to determine screen resolution when the form loads and if it doesn't match yours then display a msgbox "For best results use X screen resolution."
    Greg

Visit my website: http://gregmaxey.com

As a professional Developer, your best choice is to check out what Greg is selling.

"Develop in 800x600" Means to set your own computer screen resolution to 800x600 before you even open Word to begin coding.
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

VBAX Regular

Greg, that seems good if the user can match the resolution it was developed in. I will need to look into it more.

SamT, what is Greg selling, I don't understand - do you mean follow his advice? What is your approach?

Joe