Consulting

Thread: Create a log/journal about each table row?

Create a log/journal about each table row?

I have a large table with data about my staff.

Now i want to create like a journal system for each staff.

I view, edit and add data to my table from a userform.

When i open my userform and select one of my staff i get all his data imported to the userform.
    Now i want to create a new section in the userform, a "log" or "journal" about that specific person.
    Like add a row of data and save it to that person, next day ad a new row and still be able to see the data.
    The idea is to save this data in a listbox. So each staff have a listbox filled with the data that is about them.

How could i do this?
    I cant store all the data in my table, it would get ful quickly if i add a row of text each day to each staff member.

VBAX Mentor
    You will need one table for your comments, with one column per staff member.
    Create Dynamic Named Ranges for each column (see http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/DynamicRanges.htm for my favourite resource on this)
    use the named range to populate the list box.

Size the listbox control to show only a set number of entries, and use the scroll bar to find older comments.
    Alternatively, archive the first row to a second table once a set size is reached. (cut row 2, and paste to lastrow in archive table, then delete any blank cells (and shift cells up in both cases)

use a separate textbox with its own 'save to first empty row in correct column' routine to add new comments
    Remember: it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.....

VBAX Mentor
    If you were to use access, you can create a staff form, and link a comments subform quite easily - and open the subform to the last record
    Remember: it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.....